- Holiday Shipping and Hours of Operation
- Cabinet orders received by December 14th without modifications (such as installed lighting and glass changes) will be shipped to arrive before Christmas. We will make every effort to ship all orders in a timely fashion. We will continue to ship orders received after Dec. 14 and many will arrive before Christmas. We have no expedited delivery because there is no air service for our bulky product. Telephones are answered 8:00-4:30 central time Monday - Friday. Our office will be closed Wednesday December 14th for our annual Christmas party online ordering will remain available. We reopen the December 15th.
- Items weighing over 50 lbs will be shipped common carrier. Smaller items will be shipped via United Parcel Service or the United States Post Office. Common carrier cabinets will be delivered to your curbside (where available) and removed from the truck by the driver. Special arrangements can be made for delivery inside the home for an extra fee usually at least $55.00.
- The carrier calls you to schedule delivery when the cabinet arrives at the delivering terminal usually within 5-10 business days. An adult signature will be required upon delivery to verify receipt of the cabinet in good condition. Please inspect the cabinet for damage when it arrives. REFUSE delivery of damaged freight by writing "refused for freight damage" on the freight bill. Then call us for a replacement or refund. If you find hidden damage after the driver has left call us within 10 days for better service.
We are unable to guarantee our quality and standards of service on items shipped outside the continental United States. The high cost of shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada plus the increased likelihood of damage during the lengthy trip make shipping impossible.
- Replacement Keys
- In most cases we have replacement keys for our Gun Cabinets and Display Furniture. We will ship one set of replacement keys free of charge in the event you lose your keys. In the unlikely event we don't have replacement keys we may elect to send you a new lock. If we don't have a replacement key or we are sending a second set you may be charged a nominal fee.
- Glass Change / Silk-screens
- The silkscreen is very durable. One can use non-ammonia window cleaner or a clean damp rag on the artwork which is always on the inside of the door. However we advise you not to soak the inside artwork or to allow the cleaner to sit on the glass for long periods as it may weaken the bond.
We can change the glass in your cabinet to a different silk screen or plain tempered glass for $35.00. The cabinet are stored in a warehouse seven miles from the factory. The reason for the charge is the cabinets are returned to the factory opened, the glass changed, , inspected and re-boxed and finally shipped. We switch the glass etch off one cabinet to another as long as the glass sizes are the same. The door sizes are standardizes so usually you can have the glass off one eight gun cabinet installed on another eight gun cabinet.
- Custom Gun Cabinets
- We can install a custom cut and stained 1/4" plywood back on a pine cabinet or we can replace door glass with a custom cut and stained 1/4" plywood for $45.00. Plain glass can be installed or switched with another cabinet if available for $35.00.
- We are not set up to economically produce custom gun cabinets. Morton Booth manufactures to inventory in large production runs of identical cabinets. Economies of scale are achieved by building in large quantities and we pass our cost savings on to you our customer. In addition during most of our production season we don't have the machine time or personnel to properly handle custom orders.
- Unfinished Gun Cabinets
- We get many requests for stain colors different from what we have in stock. The majority of our cabinets are stained one color when built, then immediately boxed for shipping. What we do offer are several popular models unfinished. Currently the cabinets I have unfinished are: 358, 406, 708, 712, 908, 1358. The unfinished pine cost the same as finished pine due to an upgraded plywood back. The oak models you would save $10.00 off the regular price (oaks already have plywood back). Inventory is limited and changes frequently so please call for availability.